In this webinar by startupsinnovation (a blog and online accelerator that helps entrepreneurs) and askmusiclawyer.com (a blog that helps artists entrepreneurs), George Howard and Carlos Diaz, two of the co-founders of Music Audience Exchange (MAX), talk about the power of music, the state and evolution of the music industry, and how MAX helps promote both artists and brands. MAX is a start-up leading the way and creating a new marketing method using big data, expertise and proprietary technology.
George Howard is a music industry key influencer, ex-executive of Rykodisc (music label), Co-founder of MAX, original founder of TuneCore, Adjunct Professor at The Berklee College of Music, and an advisor to Fortune 500 companies.
Carlos Diaz is the Chief Revenue Officer and a co-founder of MAX. He oversees all revenue and sales operations and has an extensive background in Internet, tech and sales (ex-ReachLocal).
Visit Music Audience Exchange here.
MAX received $3.5M in 2015 and leverages the power of music to provide a service that helps companies promote their brands through artists endorsements. The startup is led by Founder & CEO Nathan Hanks. In this webinar, we learned that MAX disrupts the traditional sponsorship model by offering a unique data and technology-based service that pairs brands to music artists. MAX helps “exchange” audiences between artists and brands to help cross-promote both parties and create a special and more emotional experience for the consumers. According to Carlos Diaz, these programs are extremely targeted and highly-measurable.
Some quotes from the webinar:
- “You have to have a remarkable product and put it in front of people that are predisposed to care and you will shift the burden from you saying hey I am a great artist/entrepreneur to other people talking about your work. Unless and until you do that, you will not succeed.” -George Howard
- “Laws and legislation follow culture. Culture and art can lead change. Civil, gay rights and other rights had, at their emphasis, art.” -George Howard (On the idea that inspired his commencement speech at the Berklee School of Music)
- “All artists are entrepreneurs and the best entrepreneurs are artists.” -George Howard quoting Hugh MacLeod
- “Artists need exposure. If they don’t get it, they won’t make it.” -Carlos Diaz
- “The partnerships between artists and brands will only continue to grow.” -Carlos Diaz
- “Entrepreneurs…just make sure that you have a problem you are solving that you don’t come up with a solution looking for a problem” -Carlos Diaz
George and Carlos elaborate on these quotes in this three-part recorded webinar about music and marketing:
Part 1: The music industry evolution, the power of music with George Howard and Carlos Diaz
– The music industry disruption and landscape today
– What should other industry learn from the music industry disruption
– George on his commencement speech at Berklee, the impact of art in the world
Part 2: How MAX works, why it’s great with George Howard and Carlos Diaz
– How Music Audience Exchange works
– Who uses Music Audience Exchange
– Beats by Dre
– MAX success stories
– Artist social network profiling
Part 3: More insights on marketing leveraging the power of music
– How artists respond to the MAX value proposition?
– Music genres that are early adopters of the MAX service
– Artists in the corporations, will we see more of this?
– How does music help brands?
– Best advice to entrepreneurs and artists
– How to do business with Music Audience Exchange – who to contact, how to start!
– Carlos Diaz vision for the future
Special thanks to askmusiclawyer.com team for the help in promoting this event with us.